Batman: Arkham City Lockdown

Yesterday I saw an article on Super Hero Hype about the new iOS game, Batman: Arkham City Lockdown. I don't normally buy games for my phone (free is for me) but I decided, what the hell? and bought it for my iPhone 3GS.

Now I haven't had a chance to do much more than the first tutorial, but I'm pretty stoked to be able to play as my favorite character on my phone. But I first had to get past the startup.

When I loaded the game it seemed to be stuck on the title screen for a very long time. Then, when it moved past that to the New Game screen, it immediately went back to the title screen for a while (I didn't have a chance to hit "New Game") then came back.

I had to eventually reboot my phone to get past the title screen and actually into the game. Once into the game I played the first tutorial, pitting the Batman against a single thug, to learn how to fight. You're taught three moves:

1. single punch
2. double punch
3. defensive block

The single punch is simple enough: you tap the target and then swipe your finger to the right to throw the punch.

To do a double punch you make the single punch move but then drag your finger to the left to through a combo. A few back and forths give you a longer combo.

For a defensive block you drag your finger down and the Batman blocks the attack. And, additionally, doing that when not defending causes the Batman to use his cape as a distraction, as in the game "Batman: Arkham City".

Look for a more detailed review on A Little Dead Podcast in the coming weeks.

Comments