Thursday, November 10, 2011

Batman: Arkham City Games Disappeared (Lost Save)

After my problem with getting the game, now it appears I'm going to have trouble playing it as well. It appears there's a serious bug in "Batman: Arkham City" related to saving the game data and retaining in between game sessions.

The first time it hit me I was annoyed. I had gotten to a certain point in the game (big boss fight with Solomon Grundy) and had saved my game. When I came back later and tried to play some more I was told that my downloaded content was corrupted and I needed to delete and reinstall. So I went to the system settings for my 360 and deleted the downloaded content. Starting the game up, it redownloaded and applied them fine.

But when I got into the game, there were no saved games. All of the slots were empty. So I assumed I mistakenly deleted my saved game data. But I didn't: I deleted DLC only.

So I started the game over again. I love the Batman and kind of dig this game (though not as much as the original for some reason). I got past the point where I was the first time around, moved on to the next mission and finished it. Then I saved off and took a break.

Now, two days later, I go to play. The first thing it says is there's new content to download. So I download it and it applies quickly.

But when I got into the game, there were AGAIN no saved games. All of the slots were empty.

So I google and find that this isn't just me that's having a problem.