Downloading Library Books To The Kindle

Last year when my wife gave me my Kindle for Xmas, one of the things that I was disappointed over was that my local library didn't support the Kindle for e-lending. I'm a little late with the news, but that's apparently changed! As of September, 2011, OverDrive now supports the Kindle as a platform for loaning books.

Of course, this doesn't mean that all books are automatically available for the Kindle. But it does mean that I can now borrow titles that are available through my local library and have them automatically delivered to my Kindle! That's a huge win for the platform, which I've really grown to love over the past year.

Now to get more than just certain romance and fiction titles to be made available. I would love to be able to borrow Carl Sagan's books or pretty much anything from the sciences and mathematics sections at the touch of a button...

Comments