Grades are in for our first class project...

My Window Manager...
We got our first grade back for my CSC 216 course at NCSU. I got a 100.

The project was a relatively easy one (given my programming experience). The requirements were to write a window manager that created, placed and tracked a set of windows on a display and also responded to mouse clicks.

The instructor gave us the main program code. It made function calls into the code we were to write, which defined the public contract we had to meet. Using test driven development practices I wrote the code, then went back and modified to to meet the rubric for the project.

A follow up to the first project is to submit unit test code, based on JUnit, that validates our code from the first project. Since that's how I work anyway, I already had the second codeset ready to submit.

After working and struggling through higher math classes for the past two years, it's nice to have a breather and take a class that will be less stressful.

Comments