Fedora 19: Nouveau Test Day Is The 24th

Having just received a new laptop at work (Lenovo Thinkpad T53), I was eager to load it with Fedora and get to work. But, unfortunately, there's a known bug with the nVidia graphics hardware and the nouveau drivers. If I suspend/resume my laptop, the display most likely comes back as unusable. Not locked up (I can still drop to a tty and do "init 3; init 5; exit" to get to workable desktop.

Definitely not a Good Thing™ since I like to have the laptop suspend when I close the lid to change locations, etc. I don't want to go through the whole shutdown and then startup process each time.

Fortunately, tomorrow is the Fedora 19 Test Day for Nouveau and nVidia graphics hardware! So I downloaded the latest F19 x86_64 LiveCD image, put it on a thumbdrive, and will be doing some testing later today and reporting back my findings.

Not the least of which is this one bug that's got me partially missing my old laptop.


Comments